How you present yourself to others in the business world says a lot about you. People often form first impressions about others within seconds of first meeting them therefore it is crucial to ensure you are properly prepared to present yourself as a professional.
Here are some important workplace etiquettes:
- Arrive early to work each day.
- Stand straight, make eye contact, turn towards people when they are speaking, and genuinely smile at people.
- Follow your office dress code, perhaps dressing a step above the norm for your office.
- Your briefcase or bag and the things you carry in them say something about you. Messy items may detract from the image you would like to present.
- Avoid gossiping.
- Be alert. Sleepiness looks bad in the workplace.
- Kindness and courtesy count. Be kind even to the cleaners.