It is really important to make a good impression with your dressing on your first interview or any interview at all. The way you dress also helps to boost your confidence as a person.
If you’re wondering what to wear on an interview, the most important thing to keep in mind is that you should look professional and polished regardless of the type of job you’re seeking.
- A white shirt with palazzo pants: when going for an interview, it is advisable to avoid loud colors like yellow, red, orange… so to be on the safe side, a white shirt is the best to settle with and it could be either plain or patterned. A white shirt tucked in a pair of palazzo pants. Also note that when you put on a patterned shirt, it is best you match it with a plain palazzo pants.
- A corporate gown: you can never go wrong with a corporate gown for an interview. It gives you that professional look. A corporate gown can be paired with a flat cover shoe or heels.
- A wrap blouse with a skirt: a wrap blouse paired with a pencil skirt gives you that professional look you desire for an interview. It is best to combine plain and patterned or plain on plain but not patterned on patterned. It makes you look busy.
- A black chiffon shirt with prints with a plain skirt or trouser: black is an every time color that goes with anything. A black chiffon shirt could be paired with a skirt or a trouser. The skirt or trouser could be nude, grey or white in color.
- A suit gown: If you are going for an interview in a corporate organization, you could put on a suit gown paired with heels. A suit gown gives a different type of look and boost your confidence from zero to hundred real quick.