Being a Female in a world filled with inequalities can be rather uncomfortable and most times overwhelming.
Trying to make yourself happy can be a tedious job but with the right words of motivation, getting back on one’s feet can be made easier.
Here are 10 quotes by Females who have made impact in our world, which could be of help in times when you’re feeling irrelevant, unwanted and exhausted.
1. “The seeds of success in every nation on Earth are best planted in women and children.”
–Joyce Banda was the former President of Malawi and once served as the first female Vice President.
2. “If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
– Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is the current President of Liberia and is also a Nobel Peace Prize winner.
3. “My advice to women all the time is: If you want a certain future, go out and create it. Conquer your fears as that is what enslaves most women.”
–Divine Ndhlukula is founder SECURICO Security Services in Zimbabwe, and the queen of Africa’s security industry.
4. “Everything is possible. Impossible just takes a little longer.”
– Wendy Ackerman is a co-founder and an Executive Director of Pick n Pay Stores, and widely respected as the doyenne of South African retail.
5. “Never listen to anybody who tells you, you can’t do it. You know you can so just get on with it.”
– Margaret Hirsch is one half of a dynamic husband and wife duo that founded Hirsch’s Homestores back in 1979, and has gone on to become a true champion of women empowerment.
6. “I have learnt that if you face the challenges with positive energy, you are most likely to get better results.”
– Adenike ‘Nike’ Ogunlesi is the founder of Ruff ‘n’ Tumble the leading designer, manufacturer and retailer of designer children’s clothing in Nigeria.
7. “The most important thing is to trust your inner instincts. Look at what you respect; who you respect and who you believe in.”
– Angela Dick is founder and CEO of Transman, the largest privately owned, temporary employment service provider in South Africa.
8. “Failure is necessary for any learning curve. Failure makes you stronger, bolder, and less scared of taking risks.”
– Nkemdilim Begho is founder and Managing Director of Future Software Resources Limited, an IT solutions provider focused on online solutions, e-learning and IT security – a leading lady of Nigeria’s tech sector.
9. “….the best thing about female entrepreneurs is that they have an inborn responsibility toward society and aspire to help others and enjoy doing it.”
– Lorna Rutto is a Kenyan eco-preneur and founder of EcoPost, a social enterprise created in response to the need to find alternative waste management solutions to Kenya’s huge plastic waste problem.
10. “I might fail in a business venture but I do not consider myself a failure until I have given up. Failure is giving up on my goals and dreams.”
– Damilola Solesi is founder of Smids Animation Studios based in Lagos, Nigeria, creators of 3D computer animation, 3D content production, motion graphics and visual effects.